Description

A blog where I talk about stuff...Yup. If you're going to take me seriously on what I say, don't.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

What is Up With These Random Letters?

Seriously, you know what I'm talking about, when you post a comment on a blog it gives you random letters to type in to make sure it isn't someone else or something like that.  Does anyone else not understand this?  Okay, so someone has managed to hack your account and is posting a comment that will be destroy your reputation.  "I know how to stop them!  Let's throw a bunch of random letters on the screen and make them copy them down!  That'll stop'em!"  I mean seriously, that is THE MOST IDIOTIC online security thingy EVER CREATED!  It's probably not for that, but let's pretend that it is just for the sake of this post being somewhat funny.  But seriously, if you do know what it is actually for, comment below.

4 comments:

  1. I think they're for stopping spam robots. I heard that somewhere. The ones on this site aren't too bad, but sometimes you get once that are completely indecipherable unless you have a team of cryptologists working alongside you.

    And amusingly, my friend, Garth is blind and he has to e-mail me screenshots whenever he wants to access online secured sites.

    Naturally, I fuck with him and give him wrong answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha see my blog about word verifications I think that is what you mean. I feel the same way.

    This site has way better word verfications then others I have been too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pockets I feel you man its even harder when your me and you only get on the computer when your drunk i cant type that crap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're called CAPTCHAs. And they can be annoying as hell... or hilarious. Like this.
    http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/092/754/original/HvHTp.png?1294718223

    ReplyDelete